I’m on a mission to take the fear out of sharing your message.
The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste
This blog will offer advice, entertainment, tips and hope for all people. Between the experiences in my short-lived life and leaving home at 13 to graduating college at 22, I have dealt with a lot of things by myself since my family was half way across the country. I have been lucky enough to experience a lot more than most and ride multiple roller coasters of emotions. By blogging, it gives me a chance to open up and hopefully connect with people who need someone. From sports to love life, I have my opinions on everything!
Not So Ordinary Life
Born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska to a family of six where I was the second youngest, but truly the baby. Played various sports my whole life, which led me to attend boarding school in 2007 in Faribault, Minnesota that further led to attending Michigan State in 2011. I strongly believe in living your life and forgetting your age as well as experience being the most important thing in the world. I have visited 39 states as well as traveling overseas and all over Canada. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Not all who wander are lost.
Who This Blog Is For
For the ones who regret nothing because the Internet has no eraser. For the ones looking for someone to vent with. For the ones who find the light in the dark. For the ones who are loyal and believe in blunt honesty. For the ones who don’t just blog what is popular but, what we are passionate about. For the ones who are proud to be different and unique. For the ones who believe you can’t buy experience and memories. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
(picture of my class in locker room talking or clip of me)
Random Things About Me
- Tanner Brandon Sorenson
- Born in 1993, I’m feelin’ 22.
- February birthday.
- I get called Tanner, TanMan, Tannie, TanTan, Than (lisp joke by HS bully), Baldy, Sorenson and Sorney.
- Sorney is my alter ego, probably a really great guy!
- Caitlyn Jenner is my idol.
- Just kidding but my hair isn’t that bad right?
- I’ve never had a job so hopefully this app works!
- I have severe OCD. Seriously, I could scrub the same spot for hours when cleaning.
- I have never finished a Chap Stick tube, but who has!
- I have a Pekingese Lab (ya right?!) that I am obsessed with! Shes 1.
- I was second trumpet in middle school.
- I was school president in high school.
- I think public school teachers should get raises. (My dads a teacher)
- Okay but seriously I do like my hair.
- I bite my nails an abusive amount.
- My middle school yearbook comments make me seem like a really quiet kid known for having a big butt.
- I went to Dairy Queen to get the Jurassic Smash blizzard 6 days in a row.
- Watching the “Coming Home” videos of soldiers gets me to tears every time.
- I have lived in 3 houses, 4 dormitories, and 3 apartments in 22 years.
- I have a niece who I just LOVE babysitting.
- Played hockey, baseball, soccer, cross-country, track, tennis, lacrosse, and ultimate frisbee all competitively.
- I believe I have hit rock bottom before.
- Also believe I have peaked.
- Ironically my favorite color is blue.
- I HATE University of Michigan.
- I used to worry way too much about what other people think.
- Always love a good prank.
- I will listen to any type of music.
- Country is the way to my heart.
- Summer country festivals are my
- Even though I come off as dumb, I was Academic All Big-Ten every year of college.
- I received a fake college diploma.
- Self proclaimed Dubsmash star.
- Favorite football team is the Seattle Seahawks.
- Favorite baseball team is the Seattle Mariners.
- Favorite hockey team is the Detroit Red Wings.
- Favorite golfer is Rickie Fowler.
- Favorite basketball team is any team that beats LeBron James.
- This is my favorite YouTube video.
- Any questions look below or just comment!